- Panda antivirus software is one of the longest-running, reliable antivirus programs available on the market.
- Be Breach-Proof. Adaptive Defense brings all the technologies and capabilities you need to prevent and detect advanced threats, zero-day exploit, ransomware, phishing, in-memory exploits, and malware-free and fileless attacks, inside and outside the corporate network.
Panda Security Network Password
WatchGuard Technologies has acquired Panda Security, extending the network security company to endpoint security. The deal, which also reinforces WatchGuard’s MSP- and MSSP-friendly cybersecurity partner strategies, is expected to close in Q2 2020. Financial terms were not disclosed. Buy now the best antivirus program for all your devices. Protect your computer, tablet and smartphone against all types of viruses, malware and ransomware.
|Founded||9 September 1990|
Panda Security is a Spanish cybersecurity software company that specializes in creating products for IT security. It started with antivirus software, and now also provides and develops cybersecurity software. This includes security products and services for both businesses and home users, and protection tools for systems, networks, emails, and other private information.
In 2005, Panda Security was the fourth largest antivirus vendor worldwide, with 3.2% of the marketplace. In November 2015 OPSWAT measured Panda Security's market share to be 3.6%. The company, whose shares were previously 100% held by Mikel Urizarbarrena, announced on 24 April 2007 the sale of 75% of its shares to Southern European investment group Investindustrial and private equity firm Gala Capital. On 30 July 2007 the company changed its name from Panda Software to Panda Security and Urizarbarrena was replaced by Jorge Dinares. Almost one year later, on 3 June 2008, amidst flagging sales, the board of directors voted to replace Dinares with Juan Santana, the CEO. Santana resigned in September 2011 and was replaced by José Sancho as acting CEO.
Panda Security is rated in Jan 2018 by Gartner analysts as an Endpoint Protection Visionary. Technological milestones include its launch of security systems, such as the SaaS concept (Security as a Service) or antivirus solutions that provide protection from the cloud (cloud computing) and are based on what Panda calls Collective Intelligence, a security model Panda introduced on the market in 2007. According to its CEO, the main benefit this security model provides is that it allows automatic scanning of threats instead of the manual scans carried out by other companies.
The firm has subsidiaries in the US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, UK, Sweden, Finland, Spain, and Japan. Additionally, it has franchises in another 44 countries. The US subsidiary has had five management turnovers since 2007 before moving its headquarters to Orlando, Florida in 2009.
In late 2009, Panda Security created a partnership with Web of Trust to help fight against the war of viruses.
Panda was previously embroiled in a lawsuit with one of its channel partners, External Technologies, Inc. In 2013, Panda prevailed in its lawsuit against External Technologies, recovering a judgment in excess of $100,000 and prevailing on all claims asserted by External against Panda. On 3 August 2010, a new office location in Menlo Park, California was publicly announced by Panda's CEO via his Twitter account.
In 2012, the firm was the tenth largest antivirus vendor worldwide, with 2.0% of the marketplace.
In March 2020, Seattle-based network security firm WatchGuard announced that they entered into an agreement to acquire Panda Security.
Panda Security Network Logo
TruPrevent, which was introduced in 2003, is the firm's technologies for proactive protection, as opposed to traditional antivirus products, which provide reactive protection. It offers generic protection against many of the techniques used by new malware, with policies and rules that are developed based on the new vulnerabilities that appear daily. Collective Intelligence' is the firm's protection system to automatically detect, scan and classify malware in real time, introduced in 2007
This technology is implemented in its 2009 and 2010 antivirus products for home users and in Panda Cloud Antivirus, which the company has classified as the first antivirus in history that provides protection from the cloud
Panda Security Network & Wireless Cards Driver Download Windows 7
In 2015, Panda Security obtained the best rate protection in the Real World Protection Test by AV-Comparatives. In 2018, Panda antivirus received their Gold award by [AV-Comparatives]. for the Whole Product Dynamic 'Real-World' Protection Test.
Panda Security was named Company of the Year 2016 by leading Spanish newspaper el Suplemento for innovative work, growth outreach and history. Panda Adaptive Defense is the first Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) security solution to achieve the EAL2+ security certification under the Common Criteria standard, published in the BOE (Official State Bulletin) for May 2018. It was listed as a h 'Qualified IT Security Product' by the Spanish National Cryptologic Center in May 2018.
In 2016 it was named best Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Solution by Computing Magazines Security Excellence Awards. In 2018 it was recognised as the PC Pro A-List Security product for the second year running, and received an IT Pro Editor's Choice Award calling it 'smarter than your average protection solution'
Panda Security Free
- ^'Gartner Says Worldwide Antivirus Software Market Increased 13.6 Percent in 2005'. Gartner.com. 21 June 2006. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Anti-malware Vendor and Encryption Product Market Share Report'. OPSWAT. 22 October 2015. Archived from the original on 18 February 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'All about Family safety, Malware and Internet Security Panda Media Center'. Pandasoftware.com. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Antivirus for Windows, Mac and Android'. Pandasecurity.com. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'All about Family safety, Malware and Internet Security Panda Media Center'. Pandasecurity.com. Archived from the original on 22 February 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Panda Security axes jobs, gets new chief exec'. Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms Jan 2018'.
- ^'Collective Intelligence Protection against viruses with a minimal impact on your PC Cloud Security Panda Technology'. Pandasecurity.com. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^Santana, Juan (27 February 2009). 'Security against increasing malware in recession times'. Panda Security Insight. Archived from the original on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- ^'Panda Security'. Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Panda Security: New Leader, Same Message'. Archived from the original on 3 February 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- ^'Panda Security and Against Intuition partner to offer WOT, the community-based safe surfing tool WOT (Web of Trust)'. Mywot.com. 30 July 2009. Retrieved 28 October 2016.Press Release
- ^'External Technologies, Inc. v. Panda Distribution, Inc. d/b/a Panda Security USA et al.'. Dockets.justia.com.
- ^'Juan Santana on Twitter: First day in the new Menlo Park office of Panda Security. It is going to be fun down here :-)'. Twitter. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Antivirus Market Share Report Q4 2012'. OPSWAT. Archived from the original on 9 December 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Seattle-based WatchGuard to acquire endpoint protection provider Panda Security'. GeekWire. 9 March 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- ^'All about Family safety, Malware and Internet Security Panda Media Center'. Pandasecurity.com. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Panda Cloud Antivirus in Black and White'. 6 May 2009. Retrieved 28 October 2016 – via YouTube.
- ^'Panda Security detects and blocks 99.9% of threats! - MediaCenter Panda Security'. MediaCenter Panda Security. 5 August 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- ^'AV-Comparatives 2017 Summary Report'. AV-Comparatives. Retrieved 6 February 2018.PDF Version
- ^'Premiados Gala de Premios El Suplemento 2016'. Elsuplemento.es. 15 September 2016. Archived from the original on 10 May 2017. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^'Jtsec Blog Panda Adaptive Defense obtains the Common Criteria certification'.
- ^'Organismo de Certificación - Panda Adaptive Defense 360 3.25.00 (Protection Agent v8.0)'.
- ^'Panda Adaptive Defense 360 review: Smarter than your average bear'.
Panda Security Review
- Official website