Apply to Delivery Driver jobs now hiring in Oxford on Indeed.com, the world's largest job site. Delivery Driver Jobs in Oxford February 2021 Skip to Job Postings, Search Close. Oxford Express ® 1-800-444-6222 (24 hours a day, seven days a week) Touch-tone telephone options let you confirm eligibility, check the status of a claim or a referral, request a new health plan ID card or physician roster, and more. Oxford House Vanguard Oxford House Dunn Oxford House Driver 4501 Cove Ridge Ln 600 South Fayetteville Avenue 3013 Oxford Drive Charlotte, NC 28212 Dunn, NC Durham, NC Gender: WC Gender: M Gender: M Beds/vacancies: 10/10 Beds/vacancies: 8/1 Beds/vacancies: 9/1 980-938-8467 (910) 292-3059 (919) 251-9385 6.
Sir Godfrey Rolles DriverCBEMCFBA (20 August 1892 – 22 April 1975), known as G. R. Driver, was an EnglishOrientalist noted for his studies of Semitic languages and Assyriology.
Driver was born in Oxford, England, son of the noted English biblical scholarSamuel Rolles Driver, and educated at Winchester College and New College, Oxford, (1911-1915) where he won the Pusey and Ellerton and Senior Kennicott Hebrew Scholarships and the Gaisford Prize for Greek prose (1913) and for Greek verse (1916).
After serving in World War I, with tasks as varied as hospital work, postal censorship, and intelligence, in 1919, he was named Fellow and classical tutor in Magdalen College, Oxford. He remained at Oxford for his entire career, ultimately as Professor of Semitic Philology, and produced a steady stream of scholarly articles on subjects including vocabulary of the Old Testament, and words and texts in the Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew, and Syriac languages.
From 1937 to 1938 Driver was the president of the Society for Old Testament Study, unusually for a two-year period. In 1959, he was the president of the third congress of the IOSOT.
He directed the translation of the Old Testament for the New English Bible from its inception in 1949, completed and first published in 1970.
- Letters of the first Babylonian dynasty, OECT III, 1925.
- Studies in Cappadocian Tablets, Paris, 1927.
- Semitic Writing: From Pictograph to Alphabet, 1948 (Schweich Lectures for 1944).
- The Babylonian Laws, with J. C. Miles, Oxford, 1952-1955.
- Aramaic Documents of the Fifth Century B.C., Oxford, 1954 (Abridged and Revised edition 1957).
- Canaanite Myths and Legends, Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1956.
- The Judaean scrolls: The problem and a solution, Oxford: Blackwell, 1965.
Oxford Driver's License Office
- ^J. A. Emerton, 'Driver, Sir Godfrey Rolles (1892–1975)'. In Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004.
Oxford Drivers License
- D. J. Wiseman, 'Obituary: Sir Godfrey Driver', Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 160–163 (1976).
- CDLI Wiki.
- F.F. Bruce, Godfrey Rolles Driver (1892–1975), The Witness, 105, No. 1255, pp. 266–267 (July 1975).
THE VERY BEST DRIVERS
All of our drivers are licensed by Oxford City, Vale of white Horse, South Oxford and Cherwell District councils. All drivers are uniformed, DBS (criminal records bureau) checked and undergone safe guarding courses and most have an NVQ in Road Passenger Transport. All of our cars are maintained to a high standard to ensure comfort, safety and above all – security.
Our aim is to make your booking experience as simple and straight forward as possible, whether you book online, over the phone or via our App, you will instantly receive a text confirming that your taxi has been despatched. For your security and peace of mind, your text will show the make, model, registration and colour of your car, shortly thereafter a second text will alert you when your vehicle has arrived.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Oxford Driver License Center Hours
At Oxford Blue Taxis we take your safety seriously thus all our drivers have undergone a number of background checks and competency tests to insure our drivers truly are best in class. We also employ a certified MOT tester to regularly check our vehicles to insure safety standards are maintained.