Driver Booster, an automatically drivers download and update tool, can help users to get the latest graphic driver, audio driver, USB driver, mouse driver etc with one click. And as the best driver scanner, it can detected the most outdated and missing drivers for your computer.
We understand you might be looking for a way to fix and update Realtek HD audio drivers in Windows 10. So, without any further delay, let’s discuss how to update outdated or incompatible audio drivers in Windows 10.
In Windows 10, Realtek HD Audio Driver is the most common sound driver. This means you can quickly locate it in the Device Manager under the Sound, game, and video controller section.
Further, updating Realtek HD audio drivers in Windows 10 helps fix – no sound issue, sound not working, and no sound in headphones.
Simple Ways to Update and Fix Realtek HD Audio Driver Problem on Windows 10
List of Contents
Here we will enlist 4 different methods using which you can update and download Realtek audio drivers on Windows 10.
Currently be producing audio via your graphics drivers audio driver. If you are unable to install the driver from the mfg of the motherboard without getting a BSOD the audio chip may be borked. However, there may also be a conflict between the Realtek and Steam streaming drivers. The video card's name and manufacturer are listed in the Device section.The current driver version is listed in the Driver section. Visit the driver manufacturer's website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the driver manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer. Download drivers for NVIDIA products including GeForce graphics cards, nForce motherboards, Quadro workstations, and more. Update your graphics card drivers today.
Before that, a cautionary note.
|If you are using a manual method to update and download drivers, create a system restore point to avoid any problem.However, if you go with the automatic method, there is no need to create a system restore point as Smart Driver Care backs up old drivers before updating to the new one.|
Method 1 – Update Realtek HD Audio Driver via Device Manager
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run window.
- Here, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter key.
- This will open the Device Manager window, look for the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Expand it and right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio > Update driver.
- In the consecutive window, click “Search automatically for updated driver software.””
- Wait for the process to finish. If the update for the Realtek audio driver is available, you will get the Install button. Click it to download Realtek audio driver on Windows 10 and complete the process.
- Once done, click Close and restart the PC to bring changes into effect.
- However, if the installed driver is up to date, you will get a message “The best driver software for your device is already installed.”
- This message means you don’t need to do anything. So, click Close.
But even after having the updated driver if you are facing problems, we suggest trying updating the Realtek sound driver manually.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Re-open Device Manager > click Sound, video and game controllers section > right-click Realtek High Definition Audio > Update driver.
- This time instead of searching updated automatically click “Browse my computer for driver software” > Next.
- Select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Pick the right driver from the list > click Next.
- Wait for the sound driver installation to complete and restart the PC.
Method 2 – Download and install Realtek Audio Driver from OEM Manufacturer
Generally, a driver update can be found by following the method explained above. But if Windows is unable to find the latest update try downloading it from the official site. In this case, it is Realtek’s website.
- Visit the Realtek website.
- Scroll down and click Overview under Downloads.
- Type audio in the search box and press Enter key.
- You’ll now see a list of different drivers.
- From the drop-down next to Product Line and select Computer Peripheral ICS
- In the new windows again click the drop-down menu and select PC Audio codecs.
- Pick either ALC888S-VD, ALC892, or ALC898.
- Now, download compatible Realtek audio driver on Windows 10 that will work with your system architecture
- Once the file is downloaded, double click it and follow on-screen instructions to install the latest Realtek HD audio driver.
Drivers Realtek Graphic Drivers
However, if you do want to update the driver manually and risk your system try the other method listed below.
Realtek Graphics Drivers
Method 3 – Automatically update Realtek audio driver
It seems the above two methods didn’t work or you are afraid of doing it all by yourself. Therefore, here we are with Smart Driver Care.
An automatic and all-in-one tool that detects outdated drivers. It helps update faulty drivers and even takes a backup of old drivers. This comprehensive tool is the answer for all driver-related problems.
- Download and install Smart Driver Care.
- Click Start Scan to scan the system for outdated drivers.
- Once the scan is completed, you will see a list of outdated drivers.
- Select the sound, audio, driver, and click Update net to each driver.
- However, if you want to update all outdated drivers at once click Update all.
Method 4 – Add a Legacy hardware
Lastly, try adding legacy hardware to do so follow the steps below
- Open Run window by pressing Windows Key + R
- Here type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- Under Device Manager > click Action tab > select Add legacy hardware.
- Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.
- Install outdated drivers manually, and you are all set.
That’s it, using these simple steps you can easily and quickly update & download Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10. If you still have any doubts and want our help, feel free to drop your questions in the comments section.
It is easier to just download the Realtek HD audio driver from the website than to go on to some store and get it. You can get it for free and without any hassles. Just a few clicks and you can have it on your system. All we want to do is give you all the proper information needed. You can get other Realtek drivers as well. Go through and get it now.
Drivers Realtek Graphic Driver
Realtek HD audio driver is important if you want to use all features of Realtek. This driver helps the application to function in your system. Further, there is another drive that you may get from Realtek and it may help your system. This is the Realtek AC 97. Let us now focus on what Realtek HD audio driver provides us.
There are points about this driver that makes you want to use Realtek in your system. Realtek HD audio driver has many versions with constant changes and changes that improve its functioning. It is much newer than other drivers of Realtek. You can use this audio driver with the latest of os. This driver also has advanced specifications that give you smooth functioning of the application in your system. It also provides many versions that help you to download this driver on your system.
There are different needs for a system. Without all the drivers, you will not be able to run applications and without the above-mentioned driver, you cannot run the Realtek media player. This driver helps you in a specific way to run the application. Without these drivers you may find problems like:
- Interruption while using the application.
- No sound at all.
- May not support a few kinds of files, etc
For this reason, you must have this driver. You can download it and help yourself with one of the best applications. Let us know what kind of features will come with Realtek HD audio driver.
Once you download the Realtek HD audio driver you will get its manager file and you can enjoy the following feature that it provides to its user.
Drivers Realtek Graphic App
Now in case you are finding any kind of difficulties in installing the Realtek audio driver then let us help you. You will find the installation instructions below. In case you are required to remove the driver first and re-install it, in that case, you can scroll down a bit more and find the removing instructions for Realtek HD audio driver.
What To Do When Installing For The First Time?
- For Windows 2000, XP:
- Step 1 – Windows may detect multimedia audio devices so in that case cancel it first.
- Step 2 – Now, just run the program you downloaded and it will start your installation.
- Step 3 – Then you will find “Next” or “Yes” on your installation window. Click on it to continue the installation.
- Step 4 – In case there is a windows message popping us reading “Digital Signature Not Found” then press “Yes” again.
- Step 5 – In order to finish the installation, restart your system.
- For Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8:
- Step 1 – Run the setup you downloaded.
- Step 2 – To continue press “Yes” or “Next as per your system.
- Step 3 – You may run into a window pop-up “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software.” At this moment you should click on the option “Install this driver software anyway” to continue the installation.
- Step 4 -To complete the installation, restart your system and you are good to go.
What To Do To Remove The Driver?
Drivers Realtek Graphic Software
- Windows 2000, XP:
- Step 1. Go to Start
- Step 2 – Search for settings and then go to the control panel.
- Step 3 – Now, click on the remove icon.
- Step 4 – Select “Realtek High Definition Audio Driver” and click on the remove button.
- Step 5 – You will be asked for confirmation so click on “Yes.”
- Windows Vista, Windows 7:
- Step 1. Click on start and search for settings.
- Step 2. Go to the control panel.
- Step 3. Now click on programs and features.
- Step 4. Select “Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.”
- Step 5. Finally, click yes to finish the uninstallation.
- Step 6. Restart your system to complete the uninstallation.
- Windows 8:
- Step 1 – Go to Apps
- Step 2 – Find the option control panel.
- Step 3 – Search and click on programs and features.
- Step 4 – Select the “Realtek High Definition Audio Driver” and press on the uninstall button.
- Step 5 – Now restart your system and you are good to go.
With this, you should also know the supported products for the Realtek HD audio driver. Here is the list for it according to the different versions of Windows.
Top Brands Supported Models For Realtek
Now if you are looking to download the Realtek HD audio driver on different hardware like Sony, Lenovo, and Dell. So we have segregated the list of supported models. So let us start and reading our table will clear your doubts on which models of Sony, Lenovo, and Dell support Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.
1. Realtek Audio Driver For Sony
If you are using a sony system then, you can help yourself with some very important information here. Realtek HD audio driver is not applicable or usable on all the models of sony. You should have a particular model from the set of models that provides the Realtek audio manager. In case you wondering how to install the file, do not worry we have already explained it above and the process is almost the same and you will not find any kind of difficulties.
- You need to be logged on as an administrator while installing this driver.
- Only to ensure that the installation is not interrupted, please clear your taskbar.
|Windows 8 and Windows 10||SVD11223CXB, SVD11225CLB, SVD11225CYB, SVD112290S, SVD11223CXS, SVD11225CXB, SVD11225PDB, SVD112290X, SVD11225CBB, SVD11225CXS, SVD11225PXB, SVD1122APXB|
2. Realtek Audio Driver For Lenovo
Lenovo is one of the other popular systems that you might be the user of. In which case you need to get your file from here. Downloading Realtek HD audio driver is easy but at the same time, you need to keep a few things in your mind. The below table will give you the details of the file and also look out for the important notes below while downloading this file. For instructions on installation go above and check it out.
- If your system is not running satisfactory then look for any update for your system.
Realtek Graphics Driver Windows 7
3. Realtek Audio Driver For Dell
In case you using a dell system then you should know there are a variety of systems within Dell that you may have and there are a set of models that allows you to use Realtek HD, audio manager. The below table will help you to understand which file you should get and in case you are worried about installing it then do not worry we got you covered with the installing instructions.
- Make sure your system is updated and check for the model listed down in the table
- Don’t work alongside the download, it may interrupt it.
|Inspiron||Inspiron 14 5485, Inspiron 14 5485 2-in-1, Inspiron 15 5583, Inspiron 15 5584, Inspiron 15 5585, Inspiron 3280, Inspiron 3480, Inspiron 3480 AIO, Inspiron 3482, Inspiron 3580, Inspiron 3582, Inspiron 3583, Inspiron 3585, Inspiron 3780, Inspiron 3782, Inspiron 3785, Inspiron 5390, Inspiron 7390 2-in-1, Inspiron 7590, Inspiron 7590 2-in-1, Inspiron 7591||Download|
|Latitude||Latitude 5414 Rugged, Latitude 3150, Latitude 3160, Latitude 3350, Latitude 3450, Latitude 3460, Latitude 3470, Latitude 3550, Latitude 3560, Latitude 3570, Latitude 5404 Rugged, Latitude 7202 Rugged Tablet, Latitude 7204 Rugged, Latitude 7214 Rugged Extreme, Latitude 7370, Latitude 7404 Rugged, Latitude 7414 Rugged, Latitude E5250/5250, Latitude E5270, Latitude E5450/5450, Latitude E5470, Latitude E5550/5550, Latitude E5570, Latitude E7250/7250, Latitude E7270, Latitude E7450, Latitude E7470||Download|
|Vostro||Vostro 14 3468, Vostro 15 3562, Vostro 15 3568, Vostro 3267, Vostro 3268, Vostro 3660 Desktop, Vostro 3667 Desktop, Vostro 3668, Vostro 3669 Desktop||Download|
|OptiPlex||OptiPlex 3020M, OptiPlex 3030 All In One, OptiPlex 3040, OptiPlex 3046, OptiPlex 3240 All-in-One, OptiPlex 5040, OptiPlex 7040, OptiPlex 7440 AIO, OptiPlex 9020 All In One, OptiPlex 9020M, OptiPlex 9030 All In One||Download|
|Precision||Precision 3510, Precision 7510, Precision 7710, Precision Tower 5810, Precision Tower 7910, Dell Precision Tower 3420, Dell Precision Tower 3620, Dell Precision Tower 7810||Download|
|Alienware||Alienware Aurora R5, Alienware Aurora R6, Alienware Aurora R||Download|
You can easily download the Realtek HD audio manager from here. This was all about the Realtek HD audio driver. We hope you were able to understand how it will help you and when do you really need this driver in your system. We hope you have successfully downloaded Realtek and now enjoying the Realtek media player in your system. In case of any doubts or trouble downloading the Realtek HD audio driver, let us know in the comment section below.